Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Egg in a Basket


This egg in a basket was really popular among food bloggers quite sometime ago.
When I was staying with my parents, I didn't succeed a single time in baking it.
Either the egg white leaked out of the bread, or the egg was not cooked right.
Maybe I should blame it on the oven  =p

The egg should be runny like half boiled egg.

And this time i made it for my breakfast~ finally succeeded!
It's a rare breakfast for me, 
as my breakfasts are always light.
Just a fruit, or a slice of wholemeal bread. 
Since it's the last day of my "HOLIDAY",
I decided to make it. For myself...


All ready to eat!
With fork, knife and spoon =)



So..the little teaspoon is for me to scoop the runny egg!

It should be an enjoyable meal..
but somehow... eating this alone is really no fun...
I think it's true that we need to eat with love ones to enjoy~~!
But hey, while I was digging in...
My Piano was looking at me so innocently! =)
She wants some too!
Isn't she cute????

4 comments:

  1. Very nice pic of your dog. She is so cute. Your egg is cooked to the perfect texture...I can imagine that it is super yummy on toast.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe.. =) she's a little devil! And i think making the egg in a basket needs attention while baking to get the right runny egg.. Thanks!!

    Irene~~very easy to make !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never saw a red (whites) egg. It was awful. I tried beating it up to see if there was an embryo, but there was none so I just threw it out.

    ReplyDelete