Friday, January 28, 2011

Mini Golden Honey Cornflakes Cuppies




This is a must for our Chinese New Year cookie!
Although it's not traditional,
it's well received by everyone!
From oldies to kids =)

So I will make this every year..without fail!
Although it's quite time consuming to scoop the cornflakes into the small cuppies..
it's really worthwhile when you see everybody enjoying it~

Crispy...fragrant...!
There's lots of variations out in the market, but I still prefer the plain ones.
Original!

I've altered the recipe as the ones that I've baked before were too oily.
And the cuppies will be soaked with oil! 
If you wanna make this,
remember to use your favourite honey!
It plays a very important role, and affects the taste very much!

I will bake another batch this weekend!
It's never enough...   =p


Mini Golden Honey Cornflakes Cuppies

60g Butter
30g Sugar
160g Cornflakes
1 1/2 Tbsp Honey

1. Melt butter and sugar over low heat.
2. Add cornflakes to the melted butter and sugar. Mix well.
3. Drizzle in honey and mix again. Be extra careful as not to crush the cornflakes.
4. Arrange cornflakes into small cuppies.
5. Bake them in a 180 degrees preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Let them cool on wire rack completely and store in airtight container.

2 comments:

  1. i love to eat this!!!! bring some to me

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEHE...I'm gonna make some today or tomorrow...
    Don't know when will I see u?? friday?? unless you don't mind =)

    ReplyDelete