Monday, April 11, 2011

Orange Chiffon Cake

I've been wanting to bake so much..
looked around for recipes which are healthier.

Here's my choice for today's bake..
Orange Chiffon Cake!



A slice prepared for my man so he can taste it once he's home..
He said it was moist and soft/fluffy, 
only that it's not sweet enough, because I used Demura Sugar instead of caster sugar.



This is one of my favourite fork =)




 I hope you will be able to see the fluffy texture of the cake.
The sky was gloomy for the entire day and it started to rain when I started to click on my shutter button...
Therefore, I was not satisfied with my photographs..
I hope that my next bake will be on a sunny day! =)

--------------------------------------------------------------
Orange Chiffon Cake

 5 Egg Yolks + 30g Castor Sugar + Salt 1/4 tsp
60ml Corn Oil
85ml Orange Juice
1/2 tsp Vanilla Essence
115g Cake Flour
3/4 tsp Baking Powder
Finely Grated Zest from 1 1/2 Large Orange

5 Egg Whites + 50g Caster Sugar + 1/2 tsp Cream of Tartar


1. Sieve flour and baking powder.
2. Use hand whisk to beat egg yolk until creamy and light in colour.
Add in corn oil, orange juice and vanilla essence. Mix after each addition.
3. Add in flour mixture into yolk mixture lightly. 
Add in orange zest. Mix again.
4. Beat egg white with electric beater until big bubbles are formed. 
Sprinkle in cream of tartar and beat until it is white in colour.
Add in 50g sugar in 3 additions (a little at a time) and beat till stiff peak.
5. Pour 1/2 egg white mixture into flour mixture in (3) and blend well.
6. Pour flour mixture into the rest of the egg white and blend well.
7. Bake at 175 degrees for 45 minutes.
8. Invert cooked cake for cooling and unmould when it has completely cooled down.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe Source from : Do What I Like

3 comments:

  1. light and fluffy texture! well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm... looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Uhoo..Jess..i think the texture is good but not much taste..WAHAHA..

    Tricia..make one soon!!

    ReplyDelete