Saturday, April 2, 2011

Honey Jelly with Fresh Strawberries

Another low calorie refreshing dessert to introduce...
There are quite a few recipes to follow in the mini recipe book in the Kanten Box..
But it's all in Japanese! 
So I tried my best to figure out what are they trying to say~


Here's the honey jelly with fresh strawberries

I made this because I will always feel not that full after my meals.
This is one healthy and non-sinful dessert for me!


Look at the jelly cubes..
bite on to them while they are cold and eat as much as you want! 
It's made with only water, honey and 0 calorie kanten!

There's a Taiwanese girl, who've lost 40+kg by eating Kanten Jelly for her snacks.
Plus her 5 meals each day, not exceeding 300 calories for every meal.
 She looks super good now! 

I hope to be like her, 
but I know there's lots of hard work involved.
So I must keep up my diet!!

------------------------------------------------------------

Honey Jelly with Fresh Strawberries

500g Water
3 Tbsp Honey (Increase amount if you want it to be sweeter)
4g Kanten, (1 Sachet)


1. Bring water to boil, add honey and mix.
2. Sprinkle kanten into the water and stir well. Boil for at least 2 minutes.
3. Sieve and pour into a rectangular container/bowl, let it cool in room temperature.
4. After it has cooled down, transfer into refrigerator.
5. When it's cold enough to be served, remove from container/bowl and cut into cubes.
6. Serve with fruits.

-----------------------------------------------------------


5 comments:

  1. hey i have this problem as well. not feeling fully satisfied after my meals and have to rely on desserts. now this is a good choice so that i dont carry too much excess calories :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to find out where I can find Kanten jelly here :D)!! Is it the same as konyakku jelly? I love jellies so this dessert is really my cup of tea :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jean! Yes this is really a better choice than potato chips or other desserts.hehe..I thin women always have this problem.

    Hi CG! Actually it's similar to konnyaku..but i need to check out the nutritional facts of konnyaku powder, if i'm not wrong it consist sugar for instant ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where can I buy this kanten jelly?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. how many people dose this serves

    ReplyDelete