Thursday, May 26, 2011

Spiced Carrot Cake (Almost 40% Wholemeal)


I actually woke up at 6.30am to bake this cake, because I need to leave home at 10.30am...
shredding carrots in an early morning is quite a weird experience for me..
my man said I'm crazy to wake up so early and just to bake a cake!?!?!


By 7.30am, the aroma of cinnamon filled my kitchen...
what a wonderful morning!
Another really simple yet flavourful cake...
Just require dry and wet ingredients, then mix and bake! =)



I substituted all purpose flour with wholemeal flour again..
but the cake was still soft and spongy!



This cake is extremely good!
It's very soft for a cake which doesn't require beating of eggs...
My Grandma and Aunt came over to my place, I served them one slice each.
They said it's very yummy...My Aunt asked for a 2nd serving!
She's actually a baker and really good in it!
So..I think this cake must have some standard which made her praise it..

Plus when I'm typing this post, my man was eating this and kept saying really good really good!


So here's another recipe for you to try out! 
I've altered some ingredients and amounts, 
so If you would like to use the original recipe,
scroll to the end of this post and click on the link! =)

Happy Baking!!! =D


--------------------------------------------------------------

Spiced Carrot Cake

60ml Vegetable Oil
80g All Purpose Flour
30g Wholemeal Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Ground Cardamom or cinnamon (I used cinnamon)
1/4 tsp salt
2 Large Eggs
100g Granulated Sugar
60g Light Brown Sugar
160g Low Fat Yogurt
1 Cup finely Shredded Carrot (2 medium)


1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.Brush an 8-inch round cake pan with oil. Place a round of parchment paper in the bottom; brush with oil, and dust with flour, tapping out excess. Set aside.

2. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, cardamom or cinnamon, and salt; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, sugars, yogurt, and oil until smooth. Gently mix egg mixture into dry ingredients until moistened; mix in carrots. Transfer batter to prepared pan.

3.Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes (if browning too quickly, tent cake with aluminum foil). Cool in pan for15 minutes. Turn out of pan, remove paper, and cool completely on a rack, right side up.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Recipe source from : Martha Steward's Recipe

3 comments:

  1. 6:30am?!?!?!? That's so early! I would never wake up that early just to bake a cake....I love my sleep too much ;) Doing anything so early in the morning would be weird for me :D But the cake looks delicious! So I guess it was worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sonia..~ I think with this simple recipe..it's already really good to yield this kind of texture and taste..hehe.. thank u! =)

    Von..yeah! real early right..anyway because I got to wake my "baby boy" up for work too~ hehehe..
    I love to sleep too! at times i do sleep till 11am..hehehe..

    ReplyDelete