Thursday, May 12, 2011

Strawberry Lemon Muffins

These few days were so warm and I've been sweating non stop! 
Although it rained today, it's still humid and my sweat still kept dripping. 
I hope the weather will be back to normal soon! 

In this hot weather, 
I wanted to make some strawberry ice cream,
but I don't have whipping cream with me,
so switched to make these muffins...
Don't be deceived by the look of these brown muffins...
They are healthier but tasty at the same time!



Strawberry bites in every mouth you eat.
I made some alterations to the recipe,
changed milk to almond milk, 
added vanilla extract, and reduced the sugar.



The muffins are moist and very appetising!
Sour and sweet! 
Some reviewers in the website mentioned that these muffins are dense,
they suggest bakers to cut down on wholemeal flour and up the all purpose flour.
I did not, and feel that it's still soft~


I made one for Piano (My chihuahua) without sugar.
She loved it so much and asked for more, but too bad, that's the only one for her! =p
As for my man, he downed 3 after dinner! 


So I think the recipe is worth a try! Simple and yummy!


----------------------------------------------------------------

Strawberry Lemon Muffins




60ml Vegetable Oil
120ml Milk (I used Almond Milk)
1 Egg
1 Lemon, Zester and Juiced
1 tsp Vanilla Extract/Essence (Own Addition)
125g All Purpose Flour
90g Whole Wheat Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 tsp Baking Powder
100g White Sugar
55g Brown Sugar(I reduced to 15g)
300g Coarsely Chopped Fresh Strawberries




1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees. Line muffin pan with paper liners, or just lightly grease the pan.

2. In a bowl. lightly beat together oil, milk, egg, vanilla extract/essence and lemon juice.

3. In a separate bowl, mix the lemon zest, all purpose flour, whole wheat flour, salt, baking powder, white sugar and brown sugar. Mix strawberries into the flour mixture.

4. Stir in oil mixture just until moist. Fill muffin cups till 3/4 full with the batter.

5. Bake 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean. Allow to cool 10 minutes before removing from the muffin tin.


---------------------------------------------------------------

Recipe Source from : All Recipes

7 comments:

  1. wow that's really a load of strawberries in every bite! eh looking forward to your strawberry ice cream if you are in the mood to make it the next time! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. very healthy and wholesome muffins! looks so delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love visiting your site to look for healthier dessert alternatives, I am too chocolate-centred ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound wonderful. I am new to your blog so I've been browsing through your earlier entries. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you feature here and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. HEHE..CG..next post..chocolate gateau!!!

    Hi there Mary! thanks for liking the recipes that i've shared! keep coming! And u have a great blog~! very nice pictures.... =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, do I need to use the electri mixer to beat the oil mixture or just beat with hand will do?? For the flour mixture, only need to mix them together?? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! =)
    You dont have to use a electric mixer at all. Can just use a spatula,and i think i used a spoon for this! HAHA remember do not over mix, cos it will become rubbery after baking. just mix till flour are just moisten and spoon into muffin cups..
    Happy baking!

    ReplyDelete