Monday, December 13, 2010

Cheesy Mushroom Soup


Of all kinds of soup...mushroom soup is definitely my favourite!
I love mushrooms since I was young.
Any kind!
I cooked my first mushroom soup when I was 21 years old,
if i remember correctly.
Ever since, I tried to improve on every attempt.



When I'm cooking this,
fragrance started to flow around my kitchen when butter is melting in the pot.
The fragrance doesn't stop!
I really love it..
the special "aroma therapy".
I'm sure anyone who cooks/bakes, enjoys smelling your own food too!

But it's a pity that I don't have time to bake some crusty bread to go with it. 
It will be great to dip it into the thick soup!
For this recipe, the soup's thick and rich because of the cheese.
Cheese is salty on its own, so I use salt sparingly.
One bowl is definitely not enough for us!
Craving for more...!




Cheesy Mushroom Soup
                (serves 2)
250g Mixed White Button  & Swiss Brown Mushroom
1 Yellow Onion
5 Cloves of Garlic
1 Tbsp Unsalted Butter
400g Chicken/Vegetable Stock
200ml Fresh Milk
3 Slices of Processed Cheddar Cheese
 A Pinch of Salt
A Sprinkle of Black Pepper

1. Chop mushrooms, onion and garlic coarsely.
2.  Heat up the pot, and melt butter. Sauteed onion till soft.
3. Add garlic and keep stirring for another minute.
4. Mix mushrooms into pot and cook till tender.
5. Remove from heat, and pour stock into pot. Let cool.
6. Puree!
7. Return blended mushroom back to pot and send it back to the stove.
8. Mix milk and cheese slices in, and cook over low heat. Stirring occasionally.
9. When little bubbles start to appear, sprinkle a pinch of salt, mix and remove from heat.
10. Serve with a sprinkle of black pepper.

4 comments:

  1. hi coraine,

    mushroom and cheese soup sounds delectable. I love this combo. going to bookmark this and try it out when the occasion calls for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice and easy recipe. Soup is always my family's favorite. Thanks for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bakertan...Yes please try this one day! =)

    Jess..high 5! HAHA..nice barbie cake u've made!

    Zoe...Yup very easy to make. must try k..HEHE..

    ReplyDelete