In a Japanese travel show, I saw this man cooking rice with milk instead of water.
It's a great idea! So I tried..!
I can't remember the contents of the show,
the ingredients that I can remember are only rice and milk, he cooked on the stove, and i cooked mine with rice cooker.
So here's mine, with some changes...
Milk rice topped with salmon and broccoli...
I can barely taste the milk.
But it's really very fragrant..
My pictures are abit blurry and grainy as I think there's something wrong with my lappie or cam,
the file size seems to be really small..
got to find out the reason.
Hope to have clear pictures soon~!
Here's the recipe for the Milk Rice,
I believe that children will love it...
Milk Rice With Salmon
1 cup Short Grain Rice
1 3/4 cup Milk (I used Farmhouse low fat)
6 cloves minced garlic
Salt and black pepper to taste
Salmon cut into 1/2 inch slices.
Broccoli cut into small florets
1. Wash rice. Mix mince garlic, rice and milk together.
2. Cook in rice cooker till cooked, timing depends on individual cooker.
3. When rice is cooked, add in a pinch of salt, few sprinkle of black pepper and mix well.
4. Lay salmon slices and broccoli on the rice and cook for another 5 minutes, or until salmon is cooked.
5. Sprinkle more black pepper onto rice before serving.
To add extra fragrance, top rice with unsalted butter.