Thursday, March 3, 2011

Meatless Thursday : Kimchi Sujebi (Kimchi Hand-torn Noodles Soup)


One week has passed...
My 2nd week of meatless Thursday..
Today is not really a good day for me...
I am having multiple injuries on my legs, so every step that I take is painful.

But..this Kimchi hand-torn Noodles Soup really calmed me down..
before that, I felt so frustrated...

The spicy thick soup!
I cooked this with my homemade kimchi,
and was surprised by the taste! 
 I didn't follow Maangchi's recipe exactly,
made some changes...
as I know all kimchi have different level of saltiness and sweetness.
It really depends..
I really love to watch her videos..very informative about Korean food!


It's like chinese mee hoon kway...
It's soft yet a bit chewy. 
A recipe worth for a try~ especially if you love spicy food!
And I have to make some kimchi again! It's all gone now!
--------------------------------------------------------------

Kimchi Sujebi 
(Kimchi Hand-torn Noodles Soup)


Noodles Dough :

2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/2 tsp Salt
1 Tbsp Oil
3/4 Water or Lesser

1. Place all ingredients into the food processor and process for 1 minute.
(For me, I knead by alternating with hand and mixer)
2. Knead for another 1 minute and wrap dough with plastic bag,
let it rest in refrigerator.



Soup :

1200ml Water
10 Large Anchovies (Head & Gut Removed)
1 Cup Kimchi
1 Cup Kimchi Juice
1 Large Potato, Cut into Eight Pieces
5 Cloves Garlic, Minced
1 Medium Yellow Onion, Diced
1 Box Silken Tofu, Cut into 10 Pieces
1 Tbsp Hot Pepper Paste
1 Stalk Spring Onion, Cut into 1/2 Inch Pieces
1 tsp Sesame Oil

1. Cook stock, by boiling anchovies with water.
(I put anchovies in a metal casing to make it convenient to remove)
2. Add kimchi, kimchi juice, potato, garlic and onion, let it boil for 15 minutes.
3. Let it simmer on low heat, mix hot pepper paste in and stir well.
Remove anchovies.
3. Take dough out from refrigerator, stretch a small piece by hand, as thin as possible.
Lay each piece flat in the soup.
4. Add tofu and spring onion,  let it boil for another 3 minutes.
5. Drizzle sesame oil over soup and mix well before serving.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Recipe Source from : Maangchi

4 comments:

  1. I have tried this noodle soup too and loved it! But I added some dumplings to the soup ;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think i will love this! looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CG..it's so nice right? I think we don't even have to step out of our house to get Korean food~ =)

    Jess~~I think you will love it if you love spicy food!! =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think u should post pictures of all the ingredients too :) it'll make it easier to find

    ReplyDelete