Monday, October 4, 2010

Strawberry Chocolate Cream Cake

I made a sinful cake again! 
there was left over whipped cream in my fridge,
don't want to waste them, and it cannot be kept for a long time.


I made this cake in a rectangular loaf pan..
just want something simple..
Lighting the tea-light is my man's new all time favourite..!
Because we were bombarded with huge amount of electricity bill & we wanna save!

I used another recipe for the chocolate sponge from the same teacher again..
It's a really bouncy cake! 
Although mine cracked quite a bit, 
the shape was still maintained after unmoulding.


This time round, I added some icing sugar into the cream and whipped it.
 I don't have enough strawberries, so that's all that I can do for the decoration.


I love to look at the layer~~
somehow it increases my sense of satisfaction!

Gave 3/4 of the cake to my family,
sharing is a kind of happiness to me!
And this is another great recipe to share with my readers! =)


Strawberry Chocolate Cream Cake

203g Whole Eggs (4 eggs for mine)
32g Egg Yolks (1 egg yolk for mine)
135g Sugar
21g Glucose (I omitted it)
1g Salt
32g Oil
21g Cocoa Powder
106g Cake/Top Flour
1g Baking Soda
21g Milk

Preheat oven @ 180 degrees upper heat, 160 degrees lower heat.
1. Heat up the oil and add in cocoa powder. Whisk till well mixed. Set aside and let cool.
2. Beat eggs, sugar and salt on high speed. (Beat immediately after adding sugar and salt)
3. Add glucose when sugar and salt are well mixed with eggs. Beat further with medium speed.
4. Sift flour and baking soda into the batter and mix in low speed for 20 seconds or fold in with spatula.
5. Scoop a small portion of batter into the cocoa+oil mixture and combine well. Mix this back to the egg batter.
6. Lastly, add milk into the batter and pour into the pan till 60-70% full.
7. Bake for 35 minutes. When it's cooked, overturn it on cooling rack. 
8. Let it cool completely before unmoulding.

1 comment:

  1. Coraine, well done! I always use this recipe for my chocolate sponge cake too :).

    ReplyDelete