I love healthy recipes.
Most of the time, I will try to make healthy food,
and eat sinful food elsewhere...
For example, we don't fry food in our kitchen, but we eat potato chips & KFC!
So sometimes it's quite ironical..
And our size inflate and deflate fast~
I was amused by this Sponge cake recipe which needs no oil at all...
It was soft & spongy
It's method is similar to chiffon cake's.
But I think there's some problem with this recipe, the directions are not clear, & some steps were skipped.
So I just tried my best to figure it out.
Everything was good, except that there were flour lumps in the cake,
I threw half of the cake away after my man ate it.
I will try this cake again, I guess.
But will still share the recipe with everyone, and translated to english.
Any1 daring enough to bake this then share the outcome with me?
Oil-less Chocolate Sponge Cake
35g Cake Flour
50g Corn Flour
Cocoa Powder 15g
2 tsp Vanilla Essence/Extract
Preheat oven at 180 degrees.
1. Separate yolks from whites.
2. Sieve flour thrice.
3. Beat egg whites till frothy and add sugar in 3 additions. Beat till it resembles meringue.
4. Mix a 1/2 portion of meringue & vanilla essence/extract to yolk batter & mix well.
5. Add flour in slowly and mix very well
(Mine had flour lumps at this stage, maybe because I added all flour @ one go.)
6. Pour the batter back to the meringue and fold.
7. Bake for 30-40 minutes.
( I left my cake overturned in the oven for 10 mins after baking, with door ajar. So the height stayed.)
8. Let it cool completely before unmoulding.
Recipe Source from : Leisure Cat