Thursday, October 21, 2010

Udon in Homemade Chicken Broth

This is my simple lunch
I will just take whatever is available in my fridge,
and most of the time there will be no meat.
I used my few days old leftover chicken broth, if not I will just use plain water for the soup.
 I have too many chicken ribs in my freezer,
so got to use them to cook some broth and not let it go to waste.


I made the broth by boiling 4 chicken ribs for 2 minutes to get rid of blood residues and dirt
Then transfer the ribs to another pot of 1 litre boiling water.
Added some soya beans and let it come to a boil again.
Transfer pot into the thermal cooker and in a few hour's time there will be some tasty soup!


The ingredients to go with this udon are just fresh shitake mushrooms and cabbage.

Simple and quite healthy, it will be better without the broth  =)


3 comments:

  1. Broth is so useful, isn't it? This looks like a delicious lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A simple udon but it look very delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Indie Tea =) Thanks for dropping by..Yes broth is really useful, and with broth I don't need to take instant noodles!

    Hello Zoe..Thanks for the compliment! =)

    ReplyDelete