Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Baked Rosemary Salmon & Baked Mashed Potato

I love the aroma of rosemary...
it goes well with any food...
Be prepared to see lots of food cooked with rosemary for the next few days,
or maybe weeks  =)
I want to finish the box of rosemary!

I've found out that organically grown rosemary are juicier and more fragrant than regular ones.
This is what I feel, may not be accurate...


And this is my way of making Baked Rosemary Salmon


Chop rosemary, mix them with lemon zest, minced garlic, black pepper, salt and canola oil. 

Season salmon for 1 hour.










Sliced tomatoes are to be laid on the casserole dish or aluminum foil to prevent salmon from sticking.

















Top it up with broccoli & drizzle with more canola oil. 
 I should have placed the broccoli under the salmon too, so the vegetable will not become dry.




Bake for approx 30 minutes @ 190 degrees.
Poke a chopstick through the thickest part of the salmon to check whether it's done.
 

Squeeze lemon juice onto the baked dish, and enjoy~!



To complete the meal with some carbohydrates...
here's the Evil Baked Mashed Potatoes!
Why evil?
Lots of butter!



Simply mash the cooked potatoes (use Yukon or Russet Potatoes) & some peeled garlic. Mix milk, butter, black pepper and salt in.
 Taste it! You can add seasonings according to your own taste. Just keep tasting it!  =)
I added quite a lot of milk, as I like it  softer and creamier!

I topped the mashed potato with more butter and spread it out. 
This will help to achieve a golden baked mashed potato!

Baked it together with Rosemary Salmon,
which is 30 mins @ 190 degrees.

And this is my Evil Baked Mashed Potato...
Must try!

That was our dinner..table for 6...
An enjoyable dinner...

UNTIL..I saw the news of a gunman who held hongkongers as hostages in Manila...
I was so stunned, and all videos were live!
I felt so sad for the lost of lives...
Life is really fragile...
so many thoughts ran through my mind, & I've realised that we really need to cherish our love ones...
No point spending time quarreling and arguing who's right or wrong...
When time is up, some1 has to leave this world, everything will be too late =(
So...please be kind to your family members...
No harsh words, No violence...Spread your love...


1 comment: