Saba Shioyaki is a kind of grilled mackerel seasoned with salt
My all time favourite!
Did not have a chance to cook it by myself.
And now, finally!
It's purely baked, and not pan fried, so it's much healthier and
the best part is it won't make your kitchen oily!
Our set dinner...
Saba Shioyaki! The best part!
Squeeze lots of lemon juice on the saba if you are afraid of the fishy taste.
It's really refreshing!
Soft and moist...
I will normally cook the Japanese short grain rice by measuring the ratio of 1cup of grain : 1 3/4 cup of water
The fish seasoning(Furikake) that I've used to top on my rice...
yum yum yum!
A perfect match!
So how did i handle my Saba Shioyaki?
- Wash Saba & pat dry with kitchen towel. Spread 1 tsp of salt with on each piece on Saba on both sides. Season for 1/2 hour.
- Preheat oven in grilling mode at 180degrees.
- Oil the baking tray and Saba before sending them into the oven.
- Grill for 10 mins & transfer tray to a higher rack, nearer to the heating element, and turn temperature up to 200degrees. (I want the skin to be a little crispy, as I've skipped the pan frying part) Grill for another 3 to 5 mins.
- If you find the skin drying up during the grilling process, drizzle more oil onto it.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
I hope that you've enjoyed reading my blog =)
Keep coming..You are most welcomed!