Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Broccoli + Potato Soup

This is my first time trying to cook this broccoli and potato soup.


Basically, ingredients used are healthy.
  • Garlic
  • Onion
  • Broccoli
  • Potato







The only doubt that I have is, will the nutrients be all gone during the long heating process? 
Especially the broccoli..! 
So I hope that cooking time can be reduced by steaming the broccoli and potatoes before boiling.

So I cut the broccoli and potatoes into smaller pieces then sent them into the steaming wok. 

And next step is to sauteed the garlic + onion in just a bit of oil. 
Add in the steamed broccoli and potato, pour some water in to fill up to 
1/2 of the height of the steamed ingredients, or u can use chicken stock, tastier!

Let it cool for awhile.
And puree it.

Bring it back to boil and mix some milk in. 
I didn't use any measuring cup, so all measurements are done with my gut feel.
I will just take note not to add so much water/milk @ one go, as the soup will become runny.

Lastly, sprinkle some salt and black pepper, 
& serve...


This is my end product.
Frankly speaking, I'm not really used to the taste. Still prefer mushroom soup!
I did not even finish my bowl of soup, got to dump it.
Pretty wasted huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment