Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Clear Water Sponge Cake 清水蛋糕

Whoah..it's been almost a year since I've baked cakes!
Bought some new muffin cups and decided to bake 清水蛋糕
Unforturnately, the cups that I've bought are kind of dirty, and had a weird smell.
So I threw it away  =(
I don't want everyone to get food poisoning!
Paper + money wasted!


But yeah...forget about the bad stuffs,
lets look @ the good ones!


Tea time~~


Soft and fluffy~
My man and I love to eat it on it's own..plain...
Another enjoyment for the day...


Try this recipe!
You will be glad =)






Clear Water Sponge Cake 清水蛋糕
(A)3 egg yolks
1 whole egg
50g corn oil 
(B) 50g low protein flour (cake/top flour) 
(C)3 egg whites   
(D)50g castor sugar
1g salt

1) Beat (A) till well mixed with an egg beater.
2) Sift in (B), mix well.
3) Whisk (C) till frothy, add (D) and beat till stiff peak.
4) Fold in the egg white mixture to egg yolk mixture in 3 additions, mix until well combined.
Scope batter into paper cups till 60% - 80% full.
5) Bake in preheated oven at 150C for about 18-20mins.


 


P.S: I baked mine for a longer time, as the surface of the cake was not golden @ 20 minutes.



Recipe Source:

7 comments:

  1. Wow! Looks really fluffy!! Better bookmark this for future bakes ... now too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tricia! must try!
    not sweet..n really good..!
    how hot is it there now?

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi coraine!
    i tried baking this but the cake kind of shrink in size after removing from the oven. Do you know why is that so?
    Also the interior of my cake is not like yours. Yours looks so fluffy and nice!:)
    mine is kind of sticky. :(
    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hihi Sharon..~
    my friend just baked this last week and the results were good~
    is it because of the beating of egg white? stif peak means when you lift the whisk up, the meringue must stand firm up..you can take a look at this link.
    http://www.thekitchn.com/thekitchn/tips-techniques/a-visual-guide-soft-peaks-firm-peaks-stiff-peaks-115557

    another method to prevent it from shrinking is to let it cool in the oven with the door 1/2 open. the temperature will not be lowered instantly which causes it to sink and shrink~ =)
    I'm sure u will have a better bake the next time!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I didnt beat till stiff peak. was too impatient. Haha.

    thanks a lot! I hope so too! :)
    Despite my failed attempt at texture and appearance, my parents still love the taste. :)

    -Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  6. hey SHaron.i believe that your next try wil be perfect!!! =) all the best!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, what is 50g of oil in ML

    ReplyDelete