Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Crunchy Chocolate Chips Cookies

My bad habit is starting to kick in again.
Which is..starting to bake @ a late timing!

Started to bake at 10.30pm again, because I reached home @ about 10pm.
So hardworking huh? HAHA!

And something went wrong...
I did not label my containers with flour,
so I used Hi protein flour instead of All purpose flour to make these cookies!

Tried to bake the 1st batch...and it became bread! HAHA!
But to be frank, it's yummy!
chewy inside and crispy at the sides!

But still...i dumped the rest of the dough, and remade everything @ 11.15pm.

 Ahh..quite a long and tiring process...
and it's 2am now, waiting for my last batch of cookies to be completely cooled...


Here's my "hard earned" cookies....
wasted the flour, egg, butter...everything for the first batch!
After waiting for a long time....
Piggy can have these cookies for supper!
Ermm..I'm the piggy, I ate a few cookies...Ooops!


This is the tallest that I can stack...
One more and it will topple~!


Quite a sweet recipe...
have to cut down on the sugar!
After cutting about 25g, it's still really sweet...

I baked these for 2 of my students and their helper....
Last week, they gave me a packet of self fried keropok from Indonesia.
These cookies are to return them a favour~

And I will be meeting my friend for lunch tomorrow, 
will give it to her too! 
There are about 48 cookies! 
 That's quite alot~~~
OK..i got to pack things up and do some cleaning before going to bed.

Thank you for reading =)
Night nightzzzzzz....


Crunchy Chocolate Chips Cookies
186g plain flour
½ tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
125g unsalted butter, room temp
110g castor sugar (I used 100g)
105g brown sugar (I used 90g)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla essence
185g semi sweet chocolate chips


1. Preheat oven to 180˚C, prepare cookie pan.
2. Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugars till fluffy.
4. Add the egg and vanilla and beat on low speed until blended.
5. Add flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix on low speed until well mixed.
6. Add the chocolate chips and almonds and mixed well.
7. Shape into round doughs and space them 4 cm apart.
8. Bake cookies till golden brown for approx 12 mins.
9.Cool briefly on pan and then transfer to cooling rack.


Recipe Source:
Precious Moments

2 comments:

  1. I love cookies too and your piggy is cute;)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! ! Your cooking gallery is so cool !!!
    very nice photography! =) Thanks for coming to my blog!

    ReplyDelete