Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Coraine's Simple Country Style Rolls

The meal plan for Day 4 calls for a slice of toast for breakfast,
instead of buying, I decided to make them.

Although these are not toast, but aren't they made up of the same ingredients? and less the preservatives.. =)





I kneaded the bread dough with my hands throughout. 
Was feeling lethargic after a long day, but kneading this dough made me happy! It's been such a long time since I've touched a bread dough~~~~






Wanted to follow the French Country Style Bread recipe in the book, but I did not have time to make the polish dough as I need to work. So I made the bread with my own recipe..
Previously, I will just add flour, and any amount of water until it becomes a dough.
This time, to share my recipe with all readers, I've measured the ingredients and wrote my own recipe.



Scribbled the measurements and details down~


With simple steps~here are the Country Style Rolls...
Fresh from the Oven...
Knock it and you will hear "kok kok kok"


A total of 9 small rolls~
Leave it overnight in a container/plastic if you want it to have a rubbery texture,
but if you like it crispy, bake for awhile before eating.


 I love these...
Best served with butter and soup!
But such a pity that we can only take 1 roll and plain..
I will make these again soon!


Well, would you like to have some? 
Try this recipe!
 






Coraine's Simple Country Style Rolls

300g Bread flour
175ml water
1 tsp salt
2 tsp sugar
1 1/2 tsp yeast



1. Mix bread flour, yeast and sugar well.
2. Make a well in the middle of the flour mixture, and pour water bit by bit, while blending constantly.
3. When a wet dough is formed, sprinkle salt in and start to knead. Approximately 20 minutes.
4. Form the kneaded dough into a round shape and let it proof for the first time. 
(I let mine rise in the oven, with door closed.)
5. When dough has doubled in size, which is approximately 1 hour, punch the dough down to remove air.
6. Divide into 8 equal doughs and let them proof for second time, about 20 minutes.
7. Punch them down again individually and shape as desired.
(I flatten the dough and rolled it up in swiss roll style. Press the seams down and shape.)
8. Proof for the third time until it has nearly doubled in volume.
9. Preheat oven @ 180 degrees.
10. Slash doughs with razer sharp knife & brush them with water.
11. Send into the oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
12. Transfer onto cooling rack and let cool.




No comments:

Post a Comment