Most baked stuffs need eggs to bring the ingredients together...
they truly play an important role in my baking life...
Today I used them to bake my mummy and my man's favourite...
Egg tarts! Instead of making them into traditional round/oval shape,
the mould is much bigger than regular ones, I know they will love it more if there's more egg curd!
Baking in the oven...
I was nervous as my previous attempts were not that ideal...
The crispy crusts melts in the mouth and the egg curd is smooth and soft!
A great recipe to share with everyone!
Really worth a try~!
Squarish Egg Tarts
340g Top Flour
70g Caster Sugar
1/2 Beaten Egg
Ingredients for Egg Custard filling:
70ml fresh milk
1 Tbsp of Custard Powder
- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Add egg into mixture and mix until combined.
- Add flour and mix into a dough.
- Cover dough with cling wrap and keep in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Weigh dough into 20g each (depending on size of mould) and press into egg tart moulds.
- Set aside.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and custard powder until thick and creamy.
- Add milk to mixture and continue to whisk until combined.
- Add water gradually and continue to whisk together.
- Pour into mould tart dough.
- Preheat oven at 180C and bake for 25 minutes of till the crust is slightly brown and egg custard is set.
- Remove from mould by turning the mould upside down.
1. I sieved my egg mixture before pouring into the moulds.
2. Baked them for about 35 minutes, as my moulds are much bigger.
3. Do not touch before cooling them, they break easily.
Recipe Source from : Let's get wokking